ELECTRIC VEHICLE AND ENERGY STORAGE
The Electric Vehicle and Energy Storage Cluster consists of companies throughout Oregon that supply and produce vehicles, components, perform conversions, and provide consulting services for hybrid and electric vehicles and energy storage technology.
In early 2009, PDC identified an emerging cluster of business in Portland and Oregon in the Electric Vehicle industry. Since that time, PDC has been working in conjunction with Business Oregon to convene this cluster of businesses and develop a strategy to support and grow the cluster. Since the convening of the first roundtable in April 2009, volunteers from the industry have created a steering committee and focused subcommittees. The industry group, now named Drive Oregon, has identified its primary mission and established subcommittees in the areas of Financial Resources, Marketing, and Advocacy, the top three priorities of the cluster.
What does this cluster contribute
to the economy?
- The State Business Energy Tax Credit was recently expanded to include electric vehicle manufacturing and energy storage technologies
- Portland and cities in the Willamette Valley are part of a pilot deployment of over 2,000 EV charging stations administered by ECOtality North America
- Portland and Oregon are an early test market for deployment of Toyota’s plug in hybrid Prius
- Oregon has worked with major auto and truck manufacturers to serve as a testbed for new technologies including Nissan and Mitsubishi
- Strong talent pool with linkages to semiconductor, solar and metals and other clean tech industries
ChargePortland.com: information about electric vehicles and online permitting for your electric car charging station.
|NOTABLE REGIONAL FIRMS|